Byond B66 is the newest member from Byond, one of the few Indian smartphone manufacturer creating some buzz around the market. Their last handset Byond B63 impressed us but all one a sudden the arrival of Byond B66 will certainly disappoint buyers especially when the dual core handset is tagged at Rs 11500. Byond seems reluctant to increase the RAM to 1 GB from 512 MB. It’s certainly not what buyers would love.
Karbonn S1 Titanium is releasing by the end of this month equips quad core processor, 1 GB RAM at Rs 11,000. Now for a dual core phablet Byond is claiming some extra amount. Micromax A110 Canvas 2 is available with similar specs at lesser price. Lava Iris 501 is also a 5 inch phablet that is priced almost 2k less. Now buyers have plenty of alternatives even if he is looking for a 5 inch phablet. Isn’t it? Bigger 2600 mAh battery is the only impressive feature of this handset.
Well, Byond B66 is powered by MediaTek MT6577 SoC, 512 MB RAM. It’s the same hardware that is found in Micromax Canvas 2 and Lava Iris 501. The chip couples dual Cortex A9 CPU cores clocked at 1.2 GHz and PowerVR SGX531 GPU. Overall performance of this hardware configuration is satisfactory but when you are claiming extra amount you must have included some extras. Previously Byond launched Byond Phablet P3 with 6 inch display in Indian market.
Byond B66 runs on Android 4.0 ICS, 8 MP auto focus camera, 5 inch WVGA display. Li-Ion 2600 mAh battery is impressive. It should last for more than 6 hrs. Canvas 2 disappoints most of the buyers. With slight bigger 2300 mAh battery Iris 501 is satisfactory but B66 will certainly be the best between the three. From Flipkart I can see the phablet gives 3 hours of usage. But this is surprising. Canvas 2 gives 4 hrs of usage with 2000 mAh battery. Now with 600 mAh bigger battery Byond B66 must for at least couple of more hours. I can’t guarantee but from common sense I can say it. Possibly the ambient light sensor is missing. This is disappointing.
Key Features of Byond B66
- 5.0 inch TFT LCD display
- 1.2 GHz Dual core processor
- Android 4.0.4 ICS OS
- 2600 mAh battery
- HSDPA speed up to 7.2 Mbps
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, micro USB
- 8 MP rear + VGA Front
- Dual SIM support
Byond B66 Specifications & Features
- OS: Android 4.0.4 ICS
- Processor: 1.2 GHz Dual Core, MediaTek MT6577 SoC, Dual Cortex A9 + PowerVR SGX531 GPU
- Display: 5.0 inch TFT LCD Capacitive touch screen, WVGA 480×800 pixels resolution, Multi-touch input, 16m colors
- Sensors: G-Sensor, proximity
- 3G Speed: High speed up to 7.2 Mbps
- Entertainment: Audio, video player, stereo FM Radio
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, micro USB v2.0
- Camera: 8.0 MP, LED flash, auto focus
- Front Camera: VGA
- SIM Card Support: Dual (GSM+WCDMA)
- Battery: 2600 mAh battery, 3 hrs talk time
- Memory: Internal 4 GB, micro SD card slot expandable up to 32 GB
- Navigation: A-GPS support with Google Maps
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Social: Facebook, Twitter
- Messenger: IM, GTalk, IM, Skype
- Dimension: 146 x 79.7 x 12.1 mm
- Weight: 218 gm
- Colors: White & Black
Byond B66 Price in India
Byond B66 price in India is Rs. 11,500. It’ might be sold out at Rs 11,000.