Byond Phablet P II with 5.7 inch display is officially unveiled by Byond Tech. Swipe MTV Volt is just spotted with 6 inch display. But Byond have decided to opt for slightly smaller 5.7 inch display. Previously, the company launched Byond Phablet P3 with 6 inch display. Now a smaller variant of the phablet is coming in market with some serious improvement in hardware. Powered by 1 GHz dual core Cortex A9 processor the phablet is supplied 1 GB RAM. Multitasking will be excellent. Nowadays the craze of quad core smartphone is very high. But remember a dual core processor is enough when the RAM is at least 1 GB. Upcoming Micromax A116 Canvas HD equips quad core processor and 1 GB RAM at around the same price.
Out of the box Android 4.1 JellyBean is one of the best features of this phablet. It sports 8 MP rear camera and 3 MP front camera. One thing I forgot to mention that Byond Phablet P II sports HD 720×1280 pixels resolution. For huge display size like 5.7 inch you need at least HD resolution. This eventually increases display ppi by a fair margin. Pixel density in Byond Phablet P II is 257.65 ppi which is pretty good indeed. Giant 2500 mAh battery is packed with this handset. Byond have not officially disclosed any data on its backup but I guess 4 hrs is very much in the cards.
Byond Phablet P II packs 4 GB ROM and micro SD card slot expandable up to 32 GB. In connectivity front there are Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and micro USB port. The phablet looks very impressive and boasts just 9.6 mm profile. Inclusion of ambient light sensor with G-sensor and proximity is a good move from Byond. You definitely need ambient light sensor so that display can automatically adjust brightness depending on circumstances.
Key Features of Byond Phablet P II
- 5.7 inch IPS LCD display
- 1 GHz Dual core processor
- Android 4.1 JellyBean OS
- 2500 mAh battery
- HSDPA speed up to 7.2 Mbps
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, micro USB
- 8 MP rear + 3 MP front
- Dual SIM support
Byond Phablet P II Specifications & Features
- OS: Android 4.1 JellyBean
- Processor: 1.0 GHz Dual Core, MediaTek MT6577 SoC, PowerVR SGX531 GPU
- Display: 5.7 inch IPS LCD Capacitive touch screen, HD 720×1280 pixels resolution, Multi-touch input, 16 m colors
- Sensors: G-Sensor, proximity, ambient light
- 3G Speed: High speed up to 7.2 Mbps
- Entertainment: Audio, video player, stereo FM Radio
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, micro USB v2.0
- Camera: 8.0 MP, LED flash
- Front Camera: 3 MP
- SIM Card Support: Dual (GSM+WCDMA)
- Battery: 2500 mAh battery
- Memory: Internal 4 GB, micro SD card slot expandable up to 32 GB
- Navigation: A-GPS support with Google Maps
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Social: Facebook, Twitter, linkedIn
- Messenger: IM, GTalk, IM, Skype
Disadvantages of Byond Phablet P II
Well, dual core processor is not a disadvantage of this phablet. It has 1 GB RAM which is impressive. Also the HD resolution seems an excellent combination. But I guess it should be priced max to Rs 12000. Micromax A116 Canvas HD with quad core processor, 1 GB RAM and HD resolution will be retailed at around Rs 12500-13500. At this point Byond should look to reduce the retail price from the MRP of Rs 14999. One more thing in addition, it’s always difficult to carry a 5.7 inch phablet. It depends on the user but the best display size should be max 5 inch.
Alternatives of Byond Phablet P II
The following handsets can be considered as alternatives of this phablet-
Byond Phablet P II Price in India
Byond Phablet P II price in India is Rs. 14,699. It’s yet to be listed by the online retail stores.