Byond Phablet P3 is a 6 inch phablet running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. According to rumors we thought it would run Android 4.1.1 JellyBean out of the box. Now we can see it’s ICS not JB. Well, it does not make much of a difference here as ICS stable and the UI is brilliant. Most of the affordable smartphones are running the OS without any difficulties. We already have discussed about plenty of pocket-friendly smartphones that are running ICS i.e. Micromax A110, Karbonn A21 etc.
One more thing, 6 inch display in a smartphone is not a surprise to us. We have seen Karbonn A30 with with 5.9 inch display. Huawei Ascend Mate is coming soon with 6.1 inch display. Phablet is basically a hybrid of tablet and smartphone. Therefore, bigger display simply means you will enjoy gaming and movies more than what you have anticipated so far.
Powered by dual core processor Byond Phablet P3 the phablet has 512 MB RAM to exploit. Nowadays buyers expect at least 1 GB RAM. Therefore with 512 MB RAM Byond is falling behind. They must come up with innovative ideas. The brand is not very popular in market but better hardware might have given them the momentum they are looking for. Well, it sports 6 inch TFT LCD Capacitive touch screen. Display size is quite appreciable but mere 480×854 pixels FWVGA resolution has disappointed me. At least qHD 540×960 pixels would have been ideal for this one. With 1 inch smaller display Micromax A110 supports FWVGA resolution.
Byond Phablet P3 has bigger screen and lesser resolution which clearly indicate display ppi is very less. I am afraid color rendering will not be too impressive. Ambient light sensor is there which is impressive. Most of the low-cost handsets lack this feature. You do not need to adjust brightness always to save battery. Li-Ion 2500 mAh battery delivers 4 hrs of usage. More powerful battery is required for a phablet with 6 inch display. Rear facing 8 MP camera records HD 720p video. For video calling front camera is present too. Best alternative of the phablet would be Karbonn A30.
Key Features of Byond Phablet P3 Phablet
- 6.0 inch TFT LCD display
- 1 GHz Dual core processor
- Android 4.0.4 ICS OS
- 2500 mAh battery
- HSDPA speed up to 7.2 Mbps
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, micro USB
- 8 MP rear + front
- Dual SIM support
Byond Phablet P3 Phablet Specifications & Features
- OS: Android 4.0.4 ICS
- Processor: 1.0 GHz Dual Core, MediaTek MT6577 SoC
- Display: 6.0 inch TFT LCD Capacitive touch screen, FWVGA 480×854 pixels resolution, Multi-touch input, 16 m colors
- Sensors: G-Sensor, proximity, ambient light
- 3G Speed: High speed up to 7.2 Mbps
- Entertainment: Audio, video player, stereo FM Radio
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, micro USB v2.0
- Camera: 8.0 MP, LED flash
- Front Camera: VGA
- SIM Card Support: Dual (GSM+WCDMA)
- Battery: 2500 mAh battery, 100 hrs of standby and 4 hrs talk time
- Memory: Internal 4 GB, micro SD card slot expandable up to 32 GB
- Navigation: A-GPS support with Google Maps
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Social: Facebook, Twitter
- Messenger: IM, GTalk, IM, Skype
Byond Phablet P3 Phablet Price in India
Byond Phablet P3 Phablet price in India is Rs. 12,699. It comes in 3 colors i.e. Grey, White and Orange.