Windows Phone 7.8 roll out finally started! Nokia promised to start the upgrade in January. Now it’s here. It’s not an OTA upgrade so that you can install the new version of the OS without using your PC. You need to connect your phone to your PC to install this upgrade. Currently Nokia Lumia 510, Lumia 610, Lumia 710, Lumia 800 and Lumia 900 are available in Indian market running Windows Phone 7.5. All these handsets are upgradable to the newer version Windows Phone 7.8.
With this new upgrade you will can easily share internet connection. Bluetooth sharing is more convenient. Couple of camera extras are coming as well. This will improve imaging experience. Take a look at the following changes-
Features of Windows Phone 7.8
- New start screen
- Customizable widgets, more space in home screen
- More color options for widgets
- New Bing image to lock-screen everyday
- Improved notification system
- Pocket & child lock security
- Internet & Bluetooth sharing easier
- Couple of camera extras
- Contact share
- Nokia city lens etc
Official Nokia Windows Phone 7.8 Video
How to Upgrade my Lumia to Windows Phone 7.8
1. Download ZUNE to your PC or Windows Phone app to MAC
2. Connect your Lumia to PC using the data/USB cable
3. Follow on screen options. Do not disconnect the phone or turn off PC until you see the Finish message
4. You are done!
You can download ZUNE here
Windows Phone 7.8 roll out will start in batches. If you do not see any upgrade option don’t be disappointed. Wait for the upgrade to come!