HTC Desire U is the newest dual sim smartphone spotted while heading to China and Taiwan markets. Specs clearly suggest it’s a low-cost handset. Currently we have no news on its price but less than 10 thousand seems a good bargain. Powered by single core 1 GHz processor the handset is built on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich platform. RAM is just 512 MB. HTC compromised most of the features to make it affordable. But somehow managed to keep the display size to 4 inch with WVGA resolution.
Also Beats Audio Amplified sound system is there. HTC Desire U is sleek and stylish. With just 9.3 inch thickness may not be too encouraging but a decent profile, no doubt about that. Li-Ion 1650 mAh battery is used in this handset. But back up is unknown as of now. Most of the features of this handset are inherited from HTC Desire V. It lacks a front facing camera for video chat but rear facing 5 MP camera quality is impressive.
HTC Desire U equips 4 GB ROM and micro SD card slot expandable up to 32 GB. In connectivity front it has Bluetooth v3.0, Wi-Fi, micro USB, HSDPA speed and Class 12 GPRS/EDGE. Apart from Beats Audio Sound Enhancement none of these specs can impress you. Say if the droid is having a price tag of Rs 10000 you get a handset with similar specs and dual core processor in less than 7k i.e. Xolo A500 or Videocon A30. Intel made Xolo X500 is releasing soon in Indian soil with 1.2 GHz processor with Hyper-threading and 400 MHz GPU.
For music lovers this is a good one but if you are looking for a handset for general usage it’s not at all impressive. GPU is unknown but gaming compatibility of the handset is inferior as compared to Micromax A110 Canvas 2. It looks like it’s Qualcomm MSM7227A Snapdragon S1 again with 1 GHz Cortex A5 and Aderno 200. This hardware is terrible if you want to play some games.
Highlighting Features of HTC Desire U
- Dual Mini SIM card slot
- Beats Audio Sound
- 4 inch touch screen
- 5 MP camera
- 1650 mAh battery
- 3G speed up to 7.2 Mbps
Specifications & Features of HTC Desire U
- OS: Android 4.0.4 ICS
- Processor: 1 GHz Qualcomm MSM7227A Snapdragon S1, Aderno 200 GPU
- RAM: 512 MB
- Display: 4.0 inch TFT Capacitive touch screen, 480×800 pixels resolution, Multi-touch input
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity Sensor, Ambient light, Magnetometer
- 3G Speed: High speed 3G connectivity, speed up to 7.2 Mbps
- GPRS/EDGE: Class 12, EDGE speed up to 236.8 Kbps
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, micro USB
- Camera: 5 MP rear with AF, LED flash, 480p video recording
- Secondary Camera: No
- Audio System: Beats Audio Sound
- SIM Card Support: Dual Mini SIM (GSM+GSM)
- Battery: 1650 mAh battery
- Memory: 4 GB on board storage, Micro SD card slot expandable up to 32 GB
- Navigation: A-GPS support with Google Maps
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Social: Facebook, Twitter
- Messenger: IM, GTalk, YM
- Browser: HTML, Adobe Flash Lite support
HTC Desire U Availability & Price in India
Price of HTC Desire U is unknown. Currently the droid is heading to China and Taiwan market only. May be in future it will be made available in Indian market as well.