Huawei Ascend Mate, the 6.1 inch phablet is now officially announced by Huawei Technologies in CES Event. It’s the biggest phablet announced so far. Currently you will find Karbonn A30 with 5.9 inch display and Byond Phablet P3 with 6 inch display in market. But Huawei Ascend Mate is something different! It’s not just big it’s a power-house. Quad core 1.5 GHz processor runs this beats. In-house K3V2 SoC is used in this phablet. It’s the same SoC that is used in Huawei Ascend D2 flagship.
Also the RAM is 2 GB. You can expect ultra-fast multitasking and superior gaming experience. The phablet shows off 6.1 inch TFT LCD display with HD 720p resolution support at 241 ppi. Since the display size is big less ppi is not much of a surprise to us. Built on Huawei Emotion UI it’s the best phablet out there in market.
Built on Android 4.1 JellyBean Huawei Ascend Mate is using 4050 mAh Li-Ion battery. The battery big but much needed one as the 6.1 inch display will cause fast drainage of battery life. In camera front, it equips 8 MP rear facing snapper that records full HD video. Front facing 1 MP camera is there as well. Internal storage is unknown as of now. But 16/32 GB is very much in the cards. Micro SD card slot expandable up to 32 GB is there as well.
Huawei Ascend Mate has support of high speed HSDPA+ data network connectivity that hits 42 Mbps mark with ease. It’s missing the on-board LTE radio but in does not make any sense in Indian market. Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA , micro USB are there as well.
Highlighting Features of Huawei Ascend Mate
- 6.1 inch HD display
- HSDPA+ speed
- Quad core processor, K3V2 SoC
- 2 GB RAM
- Android 4.1 JellyBean OS, planned upgrade to v4.2 JellyBean
- 8 MP camera, full HD video recording, 1 MP front camera
- 4050 mAh battery
Specifications & Features of Huawei Ascend Mate
- OS: Android 4.1.JellyBean, planned upgrade to Android 4.2 JellyBean
- Processor: Huawei K3V2, Quad core 1.5 GHz processor
- RAM: 2 GB
- Display: 6.1 inch TFT LCD Capacitive touch screen, 720×1280 pixels HD resolution, 245 ppi, Multi-touch input
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity Sensor, ambient light, Magnetometer, Gyro
- LTE Speed: No
- 3G Speed: Yes, HSDPA+ speed up to 42 Mbps
- GPRS/EDGE:Yes, Class 12
- Connectivity: Bluetooth v4.0, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, dual band Wi-Fi, micro USB
- Camera: 8 MP rear with AF, LED flash, 1080p full HD video recording
- Secondary Camera: Yes, 1 MP
- Audio System: Dolby
- SIM Card Support: Micro SIM
- Battery: 4050 mAh battery
- Memory: 16/32 GB on board storage, micro SD card slot
- Navigation: A-GPS support with Google Maps, GLONASS
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Social: Facebook, Twitter
- Messenger: IM, GTalk, YM
- Browser: HTML5
- Dimension: 163.5 x 85.7 x 9.9 mm
- Weight: 198 gm
Huawei Ascend Mate Price in India
Huawei Ascend Mate 6.1 inch phablet is officially unveiled in CES. It’s releasing in January. But we do not have any information on it’s arrival in India. Wait for next update. Expected price Rs. 30,000/- in India.