iBall Andi 4.5H is the cheapest smartphone with dual core processor and 1 GB RAM. This is the combination you would love to see in your smartphone. Micromax Canvas 2 has somehow dominated the market just because of looks and wide display but Andi 4.5H is the powerhouse. As compared to Canvas 2 double RAM is present in Andi which makes world of difference. Literally more RAM means better performance. Surprisingly, Andi scores less in Nenamark 2 benchmark test but it’s still the better choice for you. It’s more compact but phablet lovers would not be satisfied with 4.5 inch display.
Since display size is small and resolution is qHD pixel per inch value is quite high. It’s actually 245 ppi which is pretty impressive indeed. Dual core processor and 1 GB RAM runs the device. Actually, it’s the MediaTek MT6577 SoC that couples two ARM Cortex A9 CPU cores and PowerVR SGX531 GPU. In contrast to Micromax Canvas 2′s hardware iBall Andi 4.5H seems better.
Double RAM promises better performance. But if you compare Andi 4.5H with brand new Micromax A116 Canvas HD you will see Canvas HD is better choice only because of the GPU. RAM is 1 GB in both occasions but quad core processor and PowerVR SGX544 GPU seems better choice. In benchmark too Canvas HD does better. However, we will come back to that comparison in next post.
iBall Andi 4.5H has 4 GB RM out of which 2 GB is free as internal SD card storage and for apps 500 MB RAM is there. Overall specs of the handset are really impressive especially when you consider the price bracket. It’s available at just Rs. 12,999.It sports a rear facing 8 MP camera and a front facing webcam as well. Rear camera records HD video. LED flash is there. The major disappointment with all low-cost handsets is poor shooting in low-light. LED flash seems blunt. Night mode seems not working properly. It supports HSDPA speed up to 7.2 Mbps and GPRS/EDGE in GSM network. Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and micro USB port are there.
iBall Andi 4.5H lacks HDMI port. You must not expect all features in 13k. Isn’t it? Built on Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich the droid will never upgrade to JellyBean. I guess instead of 1600 mAh battery iBall should have supplied at least a 1800 mAh battery for decent hours of usage. In just few minutes of usage the device heats up which is certainly not impressive.
Highlighting Features of iBall Andi 4.5H
- 4.5 inch TFT LCD display
- Android 4.0 ICS OS
- Dual core processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 1600 mAh battery
- 3G support
- Dual SIM Card support
iBall Andi 4.5H Specifications & Features
- OS: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Processor: 1.0 GHz dual core MediaTek MT6577, Cortex A9 processor, PowerVR SGX531T GPU
- RAM: 1 GB
- Display: 4.5 inch IPS LCD Capacitive touch screen, qHD 540×960 pixels resolution, Multi-touch input, 16M colors
- UI: Custom built on Android 4.0 ICS
- Sensors: G-Sensor, proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor
- 3G Speed: High speed up to 7.2 Mbps
- GPRS/EDGE: Class 12
- Entertainment: Audio, video player, stereo FM Radio
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi hotspot, micro USB v2.0
- Camera: 8.0 MP, LED flash
- Camera Features: Auto Focus, Face Detection, Multi-shot Mode, 360 Degree Panoramic Photography, 3D Camera Effect
- Secondary Camera: VGA
- SIM Card Support: Dual (GSM+GSM)
- Battery: 1600 mAh battery
- Memory: On board 4 GB, Micro SD card slot expandable up to 32 GB
- Navigation: A-GPS support with Google Maps
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Social: Facebook, Twitter
- Messenger: IM, GTalk, IM, Skype
- Additional Apps: TOI, Whatsapp, Nimbuzz
- Dimension: N/A
- Weight: N/A
iBall Andi 4.5H Price in India
Price of iBall Andi 4.5H is Rs. 12,999/-