Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus is officially announced in CES. We have gone through the specs. Now you have to decide whether it’s a choice for you or the original Galaxy S2 is still a better choice. No doubt Galaxy S3 and Note 2 are better choice but there will be several thousands of difference in price. Rather consider it to be a replacement of Galaxy S2. Well, Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus I9105 is coming in two variants. One variant will be there I9105P that comes with additional NFC connectivity.
Possibly, the NFC in variant will be heading to one of the major US carriers. Indian variant of Galaxy S2 Plus I9105 will lack NFC. Rest of the features will be as is. It sports 4.3 inch display. No AMOLED this time. Samsung have decided to go with TFT LCD this time. It would have been better with IPS panel instead of TN panel they have opted for. Possibly, it will be placed between Galaxy S2 and Galaxy S Advance. Let’s wait for few more days.
Powered by 1 GHz dual core Cortex A9 processor, 1 GB RAM and Mali 400-MP quad core GPU the droid ensures fast multitasking and better gaming experience. It’s the in-home Exynos SoC that was earlier introduced in Galaxy S2 for the first time. Later one the over-clocked version was used in Galaxy Note. Quite surprisingly the processor cores are clocked less than what they were in Galaxy S2. Out of the box it runs Android 4.1.2 JellyBean which is pretty good. Probably, Samsung would love to upgrade it to
Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus equips 8 GB internal storage and micro SD card slot expandable up to 32 GB. You will get approx 5 GB free for usage. Rear facing 8 MP camera is there that records full HD 1080p video. Front facing 2 MP camera is useful at times.
There is no LTE connectivity option available for this droid right now. It negotiates with high speed HSPA connectivity. Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, micro USB will be present without any surprise. NFC is a region and carrier specific feature. Probably, there will be MHL link through the micro USB that can be used as HDMI out. You can expect at least 2100 mAh battery powering this device.
Highlighting Features of Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus
- Android 4.1.2 JellyBean
- Dual Core Processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 4.3 inch WVGA display
- 8 GB storage, 64 GB micro SDXC
- 8 MP rear + 2 MP front camera
- HSPA speed
Specifications & Features of Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus
- OS: Android 4.1.2 JellyBean
- Processor: 1.2 GHz Cortex A9 + Mali 400-MP GPU, Exynos SoC
- RAM: 1 GB
- Display: 4.3 inch TFT LCD Capacitive touch screen, 480×800 pixels resolution, Multi-touch input
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity Sensor, ambient light, Magnetometer, Gyroscope
- LTE Speed: No
- 3G Speed: Yes, HSPA speed up to 21 Mbps
- GPRS/EDGE:Yes, Class 12, speed up to 237 Kbps
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, micro USB, DLNA, HDMI
- Camera: 8 MP rear with AF, LED flash, 1080p full HD video recording, Optical Image Stabilization
- Secondary Camera: Yes, 2 MP
- Audio System: Dual Stereo Speakers
- SIM Card Support: Micro SIM
- Battery: 1650 mAh
- Memory: 8 GB on board storage, micro SD card slot expandable up to 32 GB
- Navigation: A-GPS support with Google Maps, GLONASS
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Social: Facebook, Twitter
- Messenger: IM, GTalk, YM
- Browser: HTML5
- Other Features: TV-out via MHL link (not confirmed)
- Colors: Chic White, Dark Blue
Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus Price in India
Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus is yet to come in market. Possibly, by the end of this quarter it will be made available in market. Recently we have seen that Samsung target Indian market with higher importance. Therefore, you can expect it soon after the official launch date. Expected price of Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus is Rs. 25,000.