Xolo A700 carries all the features showcased by Xolo A800. The only difference between A700 and A800 is rear facing primary camera is turned down to 5 MP. As a result of that price is also reduced to make it look more affordable. It’s one of few sub-10000 handset available in Indian market with qHD resolution. Since display size is 4.5 inch and resolution is qHD 540×960 pixels Xolo A700 boasts high ppi. It’s the same display unit spotted in Xolo A800.
However, MeidaTek MT6577 SoC, dual core processor, PowerVR SGX531 GPU and 512 MB RAM runs the device. Gaming experience is pleasant and the hardware is decent for gaming. As I have already said you will see same hardware in Xolo A800. Built quality of the handset is quite impressive. Rear panel comes with matte like finish. Although plastic is used but the handset looks more than impressive. It’s compact and easy to hold at one hand.
Xolo A700 sports 5 MP rear camera with auto focus and LED flash. camera is not impressive. This is the problem with all tight budget handsets. Images are blunt. In day light shooting is not that much a problem. But do not be too daring to shoot at night. Mega pixel values simply increase number of pixels in an image. But it requires sharp LED flash and a back-side illumination sensor for better shooting experience in low-light.
You must not expect a PureView camera that Nokia Lumia 920 has but nothing wrong is there if you are expecting a decent camera at this price range. However, there is no dedicated sound enhancement. But overall sound quality is not too bad. Li-Ion 1700 mAh battery delivers up to 6 hrs of talk time and 425 hrs of standby time.
Highlighting Features of Xolo A700
- 4.5 inch IPS LCD qHD display
- Android 4.0 ICS OS
- Dual core processor
- 1700 mAh battery
- 3G support
- 8 MP BSI sensor camera
- Dual SIM Card support
Xolo A700 Specifications & Features
- OS: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Processor: 1.0 GHz dual core, MediaTek MT6577, Dual 1.0 GHz Cortex A9, PowerVR SGX531
- RAM: 512 MB
- Display: 4.5 inch IPS LCD Capacitive touch screen, 540×960 pixels qHD resolution, Multi-touch input, 16M colors
- Sensors: G-Sensor, proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor
- 3G Speed: High speed up to 7.2 Mbps
- GPRS/EDGE: Class 12
- Entertainment: Audio, video player, stereo FM Radio
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi hotspot, micro USB v2.0
- Camera: 5.0 MP, LED flash
- Camera Features: Auto Focus, Touch Focus, HDR
- Secondary Camera: VGA
- SIM Card Support: Dual (GSM+GSM)
- Battery: 1700 mAh battery, 5 hrs talk time
- Memory: On board 4 GB, Micro SD card slot expandable up to 32 GB
- Navigation: A-GPS support with Google Maps
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Social: Facebook, Twitter
- Messenger: IM, GTalk, IM, Skype
- Additional Apps: N/A
- Dimension: 136 x 68.5 x 9.1 mm
- Weight: 115 gm
Xolo A700 Price in India
Price of Xolo A700 is Rs. 9999. In this price segment the best alternative is Micromax A110 Canvas 2 with 5 inch display. If You do not find it comfortable reach out for Karbonn A21. Xolo A500 with dual camera, dual core processor and 4 inch qHD display is priced Rs. 6999. It’s a must check handset if you are running out of cash.