A new Xolo mobile is ready to be introduced in Indian market to take on Sub-10000 segment smartphones. This time it’s Xolo X500. Remember this is not manufactured by Lava. Couple of days ago Lava Xolo A500 was spotted in Flipkart but this one is something different. In CES this year, Intel showcased Atom Z2420 Lexington single core SoC especially for the emerging market. Hopefully, for the first time it will unsettle Qualcomm.
In low price segment ARM Cortex A5 based Qualcomm’s Snapdragon S4 Play processors are dominating the market. Samsung or NVIDIA are yet to release their chips suitable for these handsets. But Intel starts with Atom Z2420 Lexington especially for Indian subcontinent, Latin America and Africa countries. Anyway, the chip is better than dual core Cortex A5 chips with Intel patented Hyper-threading inside. It also couples PowerVR SGX540 GPU, 1.2 GHz processor and separate HSPA+ radio. The combination worth mentioning as this will bring revolutionary changes in market.
Intel OEMs like Lava, Acer will introduce more and more handsets to take control in this segment. Lava is selling Xolo X900 powered by Intel Atom Medfield Z2460. Now Lexington based Xolo X500 is spotted.
The only bad thing I can say about Xolo X500 is considerably small display and poor resolution. It’s just 3.5 inch HVGA display. At least WVGA and 4 inch would have been suitable to dominate the market. The Lexington chip is truly an amazing one. It supports full HD 1080p video playback even if the device is priced just around Rs. 9000. High speed HSPA+ speed up to 21 Mbps is also supported by the Intel Radio. Wi-Fi Direct is absent in all low-cost handsets. But this is present in Xolo X500. You can wirelessly share digital content to compatible devices just like Bluetooth. But Wi-Fi Direct is much faster than Bluetooth and has better coverage.
Xolo X500 equips 4 GB ROM, micro SD card slot, 5 MP camera with LED flash, auto focus, burst mode, 1500 mAh battery etc. Although it’s a single core device Hyper-Threading increases the level of multitasking. Possibly, the new Xolo X500 will start ruling the market from now onwards.
Highlighting Features of Xolo X500
- 3.5 inch TFT LCD display
- Android 4.0 ICS OS
- 1.2 GHz Single Core processor
- 1500 mAh battery
- HSPA+ support
- Dual SIM Card support
Xolo X500 Specifications & Features
- OS: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, upgradable to Android 4.1 JellyBean
- Processor: 1.2 GHz Single Core Intel Atom Z2420 Lexington SoC
- RAM: 512 MB
- Display: 3.5 inch IPS LCD Capacitive touch screen, 320×480 pixels HVGA resolution, Multi-touch input
- Sensors: G-Sensor, proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, magnetometer
- 3G Speed: HSPA support, speed up to 21 Mbps
- GPRS/EDGE: Class 12
- Entertainment: Audio, video player, stereo FM Radio
- Audio Codec Support: MP3, AAC, AAC+, MIDI, WMA
- Video Codec Support: MPEG4, 3GPP, WMC, H.264
- Video Playback: 1080p full HD at 30 fps
- Connectivity: Bluetooth v2.1, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi hotspot, micro USB v2.0
- Camera: 5.0 MP,auto focus, face detection, burst mode 6 images under a second, Panorama Mode
- Secondary Camera: No
- SIM Card Support: Dual (GSM+GSM), dual standby
- Battery: 1500 mAh battery
- Talk Time in 2G: 405 hrs standby time, 10 hrs talk time
- Talk Time in 3G: 393 hrs standby time, 9.8 hrs talk time
- Music & Video Playback: 45 hrs and 7.6 hrs respectively
- Web Browsing: 9.6 hrs in 3G and 13.3 hrs over Wi-Fi
- Memory: On board 4 GB, Micro SD card slot expandable up to 32 GB
- Navigation: A-GPS support with Google Maps
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Social: Facebook, Twitter
- Messenger: IM, GTalk, IM, Skype
- Additional Apps: YouTube, Browser Benchmarking
- Dimension: 110.5 x 61 x 12.6 mm
- Weight: 132 gm
Xolo X500 Price in India
Price of Xolo X500 is Rs. 8999. Currently it’s up for sale in Flipkart.